Live entertainment is back in the Northwest! From theater to comedy, visual art to film, and drag to literature, our arts calendars are essential to EverOut's guides to things to do in Portland and Seattle, and we're looking for a dedicated Arts Calendar Editor to maintain them and make them shine.
If you're a stickler for details, you're comfortable with behind-the-scenes work, you love going to live events, and you live in Portland, this could be the position for you.
We're in search of an energetic, hardworking, self-starter who is dedicated to our mission of making EverOut the most comprehensive resource for local events on the internet. This position will consist largely of creating listings for arts events using our custom content management system, as well as scouring venue websites and social media for new events and managing email submissions. Candidates should also be strong writers, as writing some event descriptions for arts events will be involved, but this is primarily not a writing position.
Though the job is remote, candidates must live in Portland and should be intimately familiar with the arts scene in both Portland and Seattle. "The arts" in this context does not include music, as the Arts Calendar Editor will work alongside EverOut's Seattle-based Music Calendar Editor, but does include everything else arts-related—gallery openings, book launch events, ballet performances, and everything in between. Experience at a publication or in another fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where accuracy is key is preferred.
- Use EverOut’s custom content management system to enter and edit arts calendar events, including theater, dance, comedy, readings, visual art, and film
- Maintain and frequently check a database of arts venues in both Seattle and Portland
- Manage email submissions from event organizers and venues
- Work with EverOut's Head of Content to ensure events are entered in a timely fashion
- Assist with selecting arts events to be included in EverOut articles
- Write short descriptions of arts events as needed
- Assist with data entry for other types of events as needed
Required skills and experience:
- Data entry/database experience
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Deep understanding of the PNW arts scene
- Strong writing skills
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadlines
- A proactive, fast-learning, and self-motivated team player
This is a full-time, remote position, with a salary range starting at $35,000 depending on experience. EverOut's working hours are 9:30 am-5:30 pm, Monday-Friday. Benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, paid vacation, paid sick leave, IRA matching, and annual salary review.
If you’re interested, please send PDF versions of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on Sunday, January 9, 2022. In your cover letter, please tell us about three of your favorite local artists, arts-related events, or arts venues.
Note: We know that not everyone receives the same professional or educational opportunities, so if you don’t meet all the above qualifications but still think you’d be a good fit, please apply! We especially encourage BIPOC and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.