EverOut is a new and growing website devoted to things to do in the Pacific Northwest, brought to you by The Stranger and the Portland Mercury. We’re looking for a full-time arts editor to join our team and help us continue our mission of being the go-to entertainment resource for Seattle and Portland. This person will write about everything from art galleries to music festivals to community picnics and be responsible for entering events into EverOut's content management system to keep our calendars up-to-date.
We’re in search of a smart, detail-oriented, energetic person who's an excellent writer and is comfortable with behind-the-scenes, nitty-gritty work. Ideal candidates are also in the know about the arts and entertainment scenes in Seattle and Portland. If you're the go-to person in your friend group who makes plans for a night out, we want to hear from you!
Though the job is remote, candidates should live in Seattle but have some familiarity with Portland. Experience at a publication or in another fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where accuracy is key is preferred.
- Write 8-10 articles per week about things to do in Seattle and Portland
- Search an established list of web-based sources for upcoming events to add to EverOut’s calendar listings
- Enter events and locations into EverOut’s web system
- Create and schedule weekly email newsletter campaigns using Mailchimp
- Post articles to social media
- Keep the EverOut Portland and EverOut Seattle homepages fresh and up-to-date using our custom backend web system
- Stay up-to-date on things to do in Seattle and Portland and pitch occasional articles about trending topics
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Deep understanding of the Seattle arts and entertainment scene, and familiarity with Portland's
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Social media savvy—experience with newer platforms like TikTok a plus
- Comfort with behind-the-scenes work
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Ability to multi-task and stay on top of deadlines
- A proactive, fast-learning, and self-motivated team player
- Experience with databases and Mailchimp a plus
Note: We know that not everyone receives the same professional or educational opportunities, so if you don’t meet all the above qualifications but still think you’d be a good fit, please apply! We especially encourage people of color and members of the LGTBQ+ community to apply.
This is a full-time, remote position. EverOut's working hours are 9:30 am-5:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
If you’re interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 11:59 pm on Sunday, July 18. In your cover letter, please tell us about three of your favorite local artists, events, or venues in Seattle.