TIAA Corp Hosts “Tonight We’re Gonna Party Like It’s 1972”
A collaborative 50-Year Reunion Party for all Portland Public Schools High Schools.
Portland, OR., July 19, 2022 — TIAA Corp will host ‘Tonight We’re Gonna Party Like It’s 1972’ at the Oregon Convention Center on August 5, 2022. In 1972, Portland Public Schools was home to 14 area high schools, all with large graduating classes. The competition and comradery were city wide, with school and neighborhood pride going back to the various elementary schools attended. The high school student bodies were made up of friends, and classmates that attended those schools, many of which were by mandated bussing. Of the 14 high schools they attended, Jackson, Marshall, Monroe, Washington, and Adams are no longer in existence, yet each graduated a robust “Class of ’72”, and 2022 marks their collective 50-year reunions.
On August 5th, from 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM, the Oregon Convention Center Ballroom will host the entire Portland Public Schools Class of 1972, to a fun filled evening full of great food, table games, raffles, a complimentary photograph, a video tribute to classmates who are no longer with us, all while dancing to the soundtrack of 1972. Regardless of school, come on out, and renew old acquaintances, celebrate lifelong friendships, enjoy Old School memories, and dance the night away as “TONIGHT WE’RE GONNA PARTY LIKE IT’S 1972” welcomes the entire Portland Public Schools Class of ’72 for a fun-filled evening at the Oregon Convention Center Ballroom, as we celebrate with the entire Class of 1972, at an all in 50-Year High School Reunion, including all 14 schools, in this City-Wide Celebration, on August 5, 2022 at the Oregon Convention Center Ballroom.
Key Historical Moments From 1972:
Fifty years ago, newspaper headlines across the country were beginning to reflect many of the issues we’re familiar today:
· 9 Israelis Olympic Team Members Killed in Munich Games
· Study Finds Incomes More Unequal
· Supreme Court strikes down death penalty
· Nixon Elected in Landslide
· US and Soviet Union Sign Arms Agreement to Limit Growth of Atomic Arsenals
· Wallace Is Shot; Condition Serious; A Suspect Seized at Maryland Rally
· Tornado hits Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA on April 5, 1972, six people were dead, and hundreds more were injured.
· Record low temperatures recorded in major area cold wave.
· Gov. McCall says on national television “Come Visit…But Don’t Stay”
Outstanding Alumni Class of 1972
· Ron Cuie, former Deputy Mayor of Philadelphia (Marshall High School)
· Dr. Robert “Bobby” Saito (Lincoln High School)
· Rick Eatmon, Oregon Track & Field All-Time Great (Adams High School)
· Dr. Saunie Lynch Evans (Wilson High School)
· Dr. Faye Sono (Jefferson High School)
“TONIGHT WE’RE GONNA PARTY LIKE IT’S 1972”
· Doors will open at 7pm
· No Host Bar
· One (1) Complimentary Photograph (all others available for purchase)
· Table Games (Cards, Dominoes, Backgammon, Ping Pong, etc.)
· In-Memorial Video Tribute
· Great Food (Compliments of World-Renown Chef Allan Wambaa)
· Dance to the Soundtrack of 1972
About “The Fellas”, Inc:
The Fellas, Inc. is a network of local promoters dedicated to providing safe and wholesome entertainment with meaning and purpose.
Ray Leary Greg Brown
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com" (Promo Copy)